It’s almost summer, and it’s time to cool down! Whether you’re looking for a way to beat the heat indoors or outdoors, these five DIY projects are perfect for cooling off during the warmer months. From creative ways to keep your home cool to fun activities for the whole family, these five DIY projects will help you make the most of your summer and chill out in style.
1) Frozen T Shirt
One easy and fun DIY project to cool down in the summer is a frozen t-shirt. All you need is a t-shirt and a freezer. Wet the t-shirt and twist it into a ball, then put it in the freezer overnight. When you take it out the next day, the shirt will be frozen solid. Simply let it thaw for a few minutes before putting it on.
Not only does it keep you cool, but it’s also a great way to make a statement with your summer fashion. You can even customize your t-shirt by adding your own interior design elements, like tie-dye or stenciled designs. This DIY project is perfect for a hot day when you need to cool off quickly and in style. Give it a try!
2) Homemade Popsicles
Nothing beats the refreshing taste of a cold popsicle on a hot summer day. Rather than buying store-bought popsicles filled with artificial colors and flavors, why not make your own with fresh ingredients? Making homemade popsicles is easy and customizable. You can mix and match your favorite fruits, juices, and even add some herbs or spices for a unique flavor. Plus, they are a healthier alternative to sugary store-bought popsicles!
To make homemade popsicles, you will need popsicle molds, which you can easily find online or at your local home goods store. Fill the molds with your desired fruit juice or puree and freeze them for several hours until solid. You can even get creative with the presentation by adding slices of fruit or herbs to the interior design of your popsicles. Homemade popsicles are not only delicious, but they can also add a fun and colorful touch to your summer party or barbecue. Guests of all ages will love the refreshing and healthy treat!
3) Ice Lick for the Pets
If you’re looking for a cute and creative way help your furbabies keep cool this summer, we thought this DIY Ice Lick idea was the bee’s knees. Simply place low sodium chicken or beef stock in a tupperwear with their favorite rubber chew toy submerged in it, freeze, and viola! Entertainment and a cool down sure to keep Fido happy.
Image Source: Dream A Little Bigger blog
4) Pool Noodles
Who said pool noodles were just for the pool? These colorful foam tubes can be used for all sorts of fun summer DIY projects! Here are a few ideas:
- Outdoor Games: Cut pool noodles into small sections and use them to create fun games like a giant ring toss or an obstacle course.
- Beverage Cooler: Cut a pool noodle in half lengthwise and use it to wrap around a bucket or container to keep drinks cold.
- Sun Protection: Cut a pool noodle in half lengthwise and attach it to the edges of a beach umbrella to create extra shade.
- Water Toys: Create homemade water guns by attaching a water bottle to the end of a pool noodle and using it to squirt water.
With just a little creativity, you can turn these inexpensive pool noodles into a summer essential for endless fun and functionality!
Image Source: Pagingfunmamas Blog
5) Foot Soak
After a long day in the heat, your feet could use some pampering. A DIY foot soak is the perfect solution. Here’s how to create a soothing foot bath at home:
What you’ll need:
– Basin or bowl large enough for your feet
– Epsom salts
– Baking soda
– Essential oil of your choice
– Warm water
- Fill the basin with warm water.
- Add in 1 cup of Epsom salts and 1⁄2 cup of baking soda. These ingredients will help to soften and detoxify your feet.
- Mix in 10-15 drops of essential oil for an added aromatherapy benefit. Peppermint oil is a great choice for cooling and refreshing your feet in the summer.
- Stir the mixture well.
- Soak your feet for 15-20 minutes, or until the water cools.
- Pat your feet dry and moisturize with your favorite lotion or oil.
This foot soak is not only a relaxing way to cool down after a hot day, but it also provides several health benefits. The Epsom salts and baking soda help to draw out toxins from your body, while the essential oils can aid in reducing stress and inflammation!
Love What You’re Reading? Check Out More Interesting Content Here!