“Personal Information” is information about you that is personally identifiable to you, like your name, address, email address, or phone number, as well as other non-public information that is associated with the foregoing.
The Data We Collect and How We Use it
Information You Choose to Give
- When you sign up for an account with T&A or sign up for content or offers, we may ask you to provide Personal Information such as your email address and password.
- When purchasing our products or services, you may be required to provide additional Personal Information including your name, phone number, postal address and/or payment information such as your bank account, credit or debit card number, CVV code and card expiration date. We do not retain your payment information within our systems, nor do we ever have access to it explicitly. We may use Personal Information in this instance:
- if you purchase a product or service from us, to complete and fulfil your purchase, for example, to have your payments processed, communicate with you regarding your purchase and provide you with related customer service;
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfil your requests for products or services;
- to send you important information regarding the Website, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information;
- to send you surveys and marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you; and/or
- to personalize your experience on the Website by presenting advertising, products and offers tailored to you.
- When you sign up for content or offers from us, we may also ask that you provide information such as your name, email address and details about your organization
- When you register on the Website, we will collect your full name, email address, phone number, and your organization (if associated with an organization).
When you contact us to submit comments, questions or feedback using the forms on the Website or in the Website, we will collect your name, email address and your comment, question or feedback.
- When you contact us by sending us an email, we will collect your email address and any information contained in the email you send us and any information attached to the email.
You may unsubscribe from receiving content or offers from us and/or deactivate your T&A Website account at any time by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you decide to deactivate your account with us or request that we permanently remove you from our mailing list, we may retain your Personal Information in order to meet any regulatory and reporting requirements and to address any customer service issues. Any other Personal Information would be deleted permanently within 30 days.
Information Collected Automatically
When visiting our Website, interacting with our content, or using your T&A account, we collect the following automatically:
- Usage Data: When you visit our Website, we capture the name of your internet service provider, the Website from which you visited us from, the pages of the Website you visit, the date and duration of your visit, and information from the device (device type, operating system, screen resolution, language, country you are located in, and web browser type) used during your visit (“Usage Data”). We only capture and store a truncated version of your IP address. Your full IP address never reaches our servers and we never have access to it.We use this data to facilitate and improve upon your access to our services and Website (e.g. to adjust the services to the device you are using), and to recognize and stop any misuse. We also process Usage Data in an anonymized form for statistical purposes and to improve the Website. In addition, we use behavioral data that is automatically collected to improve and personalize our services.
Contact via e-mails: On the Website, you can contact us via the contact form. In that form, we ask for your contact information (e.g. name, email address etc.). If you choose to receive e-mails from us, we may use certain analytics tools to capture data such as when you open our email or if you click on any links or banners in our e-mail.
We may also occasionally send you notification emails about updates to our products, legal documents, or offer customer support or marketing emails. Except for cases where we are required to do so by law (e.g. notifying you of a data breach), you shall have the opportunity to unsubscribe from receiving these messages free of charge.
We may periodically conduct customer surveys. Participation in our customer surveys is voluntary. However, we encourage subscribers to participate in these surveys because they provide us with important information that helps improve user experience. Your personal information, if provided, will remain confidential, even if the survey is conducted by a third party service provider on our behalf.
We use this data solely to answer questions we receive or to help us improve on the effectiveness of our communications and marketing campaigns.
We share some Personal Information with select third-parties and Affiliates:
We only share information with them:
- if you have provided prior consent;
- if it is required to achieve the purpose for which we have contracted for services offered by T&A;
- if you choose to download a white paper, eBook, or other resource, to our clients, partners and current and future sponsors of that resource. If you do not want to be contacted by these third parties, please do not download, view or otherwise access the white papers, eBooks and other resources;
- to third parties to permit them to send you marketing communications, including third parties who may provide similar services as the original service about which you requested more information;
- to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings);
- as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
These third parties are required not to use your Personal Information other than to provide the products and services requested by T&A. You expressly consent to the sharing of your Personal Information with our contractors and third party service providers for the sole purpose of providing products and services to you.
Regardless of any choices you make regarding your Personal Information (as described below), we may disclose your Personal Information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to: (a) comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on T&A; or (b) to protect and defend the rights or property of T&A or users of our Services.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you may request and obtain from us, once a year, free of charge, certain information about the Personal Information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for their marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. This information would include a list of the categories of Personal Information that we shared and the names and mailing addresses of all third parties with which we shared Personal Information in the preceding calendar year. If you would like to make such a request, please submit your request to Customer Support.
Additional International Privacy Rights
To bring you our services, we operate globally. Where the laws of your country allow you to do so, you authorize us to transfer, store, and use your data in the United States and any other country where we operate. In some of the countries to which we transfer personal data, the privacy and data protection laws and rules regarding when government authorities may access data may vary from those of your country. Learn more about our global operations and data transfer here.
When we transfer personal data outside of the European Union or EFTA States, we ensure an adequate level of protection for the rights of data subjects based on the adequacy of the receiving country’s data protection laws, and contractual obligations placed on the recipient of the data.
Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Information
In line with applicable law, you have the right to be informed of your Personal Information processed by T&A, a right to rectification and/or correction, and a right of erasure and/or restriction of processing. You have also the right to receive from T&A a structured, common and machine-readable format of the Personal Information you provided to us.
Although T&A makes good faith efforts to provide individuals with access to their Personal Information, there may be circumstances in which T&A is unable to provide access, including but not limited to: where the information contains legal privilege, would compromise others’ privacy or other legitimate rights, where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to the Individual’s privacy in the case in question or where it is commercially proprietary. If T&A determines that access should be restricted in any particular instance, we will provide you with an explanation of why that determination has been made and a contact point for any further inquiries. To protect your privacy, T&A will take commercially reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to or making any changes to your Personal Information.
When you receive promotional communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further communications from us and you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the communication you receive or by contacting us directly (please see contact information below).
You may at any time change and/or withdraw your consent regarding any use or processing of your Personal Information, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing that was carried out prior to withdrawing it.
To this end, you may simply log onto your account, access your profile and make the desired changes or, should this option not be available, please contact our support team at email@example.com.
Whenever you withdraw your consent, you acknowledge and agree that this may have a negative influence on the quality of the Website and/or the services we provide. You further acknowledge and agree that T&A shall not be held liable with respect to any loss and/or damage to your Personal Information if you choose to withdraw consent.
We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use Personal Information from children under 13 (and in certain jurisdictions under the age of 16) years of age, and no part of the Website is directed to children under the age of 13 (and in certain jurisdictions under the age of 16). If you learn that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, you may alert us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we learn that we have collected any Personal Information from children under 13 (and in certain jurisdictions under the age of 16), we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the child’s Personal Information.
The Website may also contain links and interactive features with various social medial platforms. If you already use these platforms, their cookies may be set on your device when using our Website or our other services. You should be aware that Personal Information which you voluntarily include and transmit online in a publicly accessible blog, chat room, social medial platform or otherwise online, or that you share in an open forum, may be viewed and used by others without any restrictions. We are unable to control such uses of your information when interacting with a social media platform, and by using such services you assume the risk that the Personal Information provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties for any number of purposes.
Security and Retention of Personal Information
T&A is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Information. Even though T&A makes efforts to ensure that your Personal Information is not intercepted, accessed, used, or disclosed by unauthorized persons, you should know that T&A cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Information. We do not accept liability for unintentional disclosure.
By using the Website or providing Personal Information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Website. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the Website or sending an e-mail to you. You may have a legal right to receive this notice in writing.
We will store your Usage Data or Personal Information until such time when you withdraw your consent for us to do so. All other data and Personal Information as specified above will be retained for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it. We may also retain information and/or data as required by law.
T&A Supply Company, Inc.
ATTN: Web Support
6807 S 216TH ST
KENT, WA, 98032-2440, UNITED STATES
If you wish to inquire with our Customer Support team immediately, please contact our support team at email@example.com.
- New Uses of Personal Information. Additionally, before we use Personal Information for any new purpose not originally authorized by you, we will endeavor to provide information regarding the new purpose and give you the opportunity to opt-out. Where consent of the individual for the acquisition, holding or use of Personal Information is otherwise required by law or contract, T&A will endeavor to comply with the law or contract.
This Policy was last updated on February 14, 2019.